Nestled behind the Eddy Mansion in Troy, New York, Martin Luther King Apartments overlooks the landscape of the Hudson and Mohawk River. One hundred twenty apartments were constructed in 1971 on 15.5 acres. The 2-story town home buildings are over 43 years old and suffer from extreme disrepair. The proposed renovations include de-densifying the site, complete interior and exterior re-design and advanced green initiatives.
SIZE: 104 Apartments
- Two phase construction that consist of existing building rehabilitation and new construction.
- Site de-densification from 120 apartments to 104.
- Strategic selective demolition of existing buildings to create smaller home-like buildings.
- Exterior redesign that includes the elimination of dated mansard roofs and introduces a modern facade that blends with the natural surroundings.
- Interior redesign that includes new finishes, lighting, cabinetry, kitchen and bath fixtures.